Saturday, June 26, 2010

My subscriptions with Equitymaster - Going overboard ?

It was in January 2008 when I made my First subscription for Equitymaster's Stockselect - weekly Largecap stock recommendation service.. By then annual charges were less and more affordable..

The next year, in 2009, I went for Midcapselect - Midcap stock recommendation service with a report every 2 weeks.

And in 2010, I subscribed to Hiddentreasure - Smallcap recommendation service with once in a month report.

Last week, I subscribed to ResearchPro - Countinous research updates on close to 100 shares with Buy/Sell Limits.

Among all the services from Equitymaster, I liked the ResearchPro the most.

The strange thing is I did not make much money out of their recos. But they helped to recover all the money I lost due to my poor selling decisions in the years 2008-09 (during the Stockmarket Crash). And I just managed to recover the Subcription charges of ~ Rs 18000 I paid to them over the past 3 years.

For investors like me who does not even invest beyond few laks in shares, the subscription charges are definitely on the higher side.

It will be great if there is small Investors club of 4 to 5 people who are ready to share the subscription charges. Else I should increase the amount I invest in shares, which is not possible in near future.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

pm me at akmypoints@gmail.com

Unknown said...

yep, i agree. pm at sanju2003atrediffmail.com

Praveen S said...

I have an offer for lifetime subscriptions for the Equitymaster's Wealth Alliance... which comes to around Rs.29000/- which is quite steep really and wonder if its going to be worthwhile. Also, I wonder if the idea of sharing subscriptions is really workable?

sharegyan said...

If you are trading in NSE, BSE, MCX and in NCDEX then let sharegyan give you all stock trading gyan

Amit said...

PM me at amitm79@yahoo.com if the thread above is still open

sharetipsinfo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Get highly accurate stock tips for NSE and BSE. All stock tips are provided by Indian stock market experts and includes free stock tips, intraday stock tips and other share tips on mobile which indicates which stock to buy today or tomorrow from NSE stocks and BSE stocks